Donate To Support!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Paso Por Paso: Revisited.

This is a repost of an old blog. The other blog was my attempt to try and be Mr. Cool Realtor guy and blog about investment Real Estate and so forth. Well even though I personally feel that I'm very good at and with investment Real Estate. There are lots of better Investment bloggers out there. So I stopped that form of blogging and now I'm back to this form. The random schizo blogging of what ever catches my fancy or if some one wants to send me a topic. I'll give that a shot.

So with out further delay....



Paso Por Paso is Spanish for step by step. It gets lost in translation either on the way in or the way out I really can't tell.

As of late there has a been a spoken up rising with questions in the vain of "Are you doing your passion?" My long answer is "time will tell". The short answer is "no". Your follow up is why do it then?

Ah it is simple. It leads to my passion. What I am doing right now will lead me to the next phase of my passion. With that in mind, why not do it?


I am not saying that I don't enjoy helping families work on long term wealth building, or developing plans for passive income. I do. It has better days then others but so does everything. My passion and joy is being the center of attention, being loud and if possible what I'm talking about should lead to bad jokes and some puns.

I am a good Realtor who likes to help people. My brokerage is the sister company to an Educational and Mentoring Group. So by being successful as a Realtor and helping other become successful I have the chance to possibly stand in front of people, drop some knowledge bombs, and tell some jokes. BAM! Something that might not be my passion leads directly to it.

I'm not zen enough or a Guru so the relation to you is this. Look at your life. Everyone needs to work or do something for money. What you are doing for money? Does is it lead to your passion and what you want out of life? If it does then good for you and we love/ hate you. You are our frienemy. If you said no. Does that allow you to do your passion or give you the chance to grow in to it?

Stock car racing is just my example to help make it real. (I am afraid of cars and anything faster then a frisky Jon Cryer.)

If you love driving stock cars but know you couldn't go pro but have a job that pays you well enough where you can race on the weekends. Then you're doing okay. If you love driving stock cars and know you can't go pro and you work at a job that barely pays you enough to ride the bus. Then it may be time to sit down and make the hard choices.

The hard choices suck by the way. They are the choices like, quitting smoking, and putting the 5-6 dollars a day habit into a savings account that you don't touch. Its canceling cable. So you don't pay almost $100 a month for the 5 channels out of 100 you watch. It's realizing if your cell phone can make and take calls then you're good till it doesn't. Keep your data plan where it is and up grade when needed not wanted. Those minor sucky choices could in theory save you around $3,000 or more a year. You might not be able to race every weekend but to live your dream once a year ain't bad.

Step one is to figure out what you want and then do the smallest step towards it. Do that one thing everyday or as often as you can. After that figure out the next 2 steps do those along with the first. Then figure out the pattern and keep doing it till you can live and do your passion.

Told you I wasn't a guru or zen enough to make this overly helpful. I'll talk more about this method in the future if you want. So I'll end with this question. If you're not out there working towards happiness what are you working towards?

-JN