Donate To Support!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Why I'm not Funny!

I was rocking out to some old school David Cross stand up comedy today.

A) He's funny B) he's bald and C) He's angry. I like my comedians angry. There are always those rogues who don't have to curse or be angry to be funny. Bill Cosby, Bob Newhart, Woody Allen and blah blah blah blah.

I like a little poisonous venom with my giggles. It got me thinking. I'm angry why can't I do be funny. I think I use to be funny. I have arresting reports stating that not only was I angry but, I was fat and drunk. THAT IS COMEDY GOLD!

Maybe that's why I'm getting old and boring. I'm sober, I'm back down to the low 200s, (yes back down) and I wouldn't say that I'm angry as much as mildly agitated at my lack of concern.

The little concern I have is that my wit has dulled and that soon I'll start planning couples nights involving cheese, wine, board games and sheep.

So the cheese part doesn't sound so bad. Is this just part of the passing of time. Making cheese the high light of socializing and always riding inside the car in it's designed seats? Should I really be sad that my friends are now responsible enough to notice that I'm on the roof of their car not inside before they peel off and start doing doughnuts in the parking lot? Isn't that what universal health care and insurance is for?

Meh I guess I shouldn't worry about being funny right? Hell my wife doesn't listen to me so I should only really start to worry once I no longer amuse myself. Or have to awkwardly try to explain my own joke to me. I hate it when my sub-par pun get to metaphysical.

Till Next time.
Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment